The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood

 


The Love Hypothesis
by Ali Hazelwood

Reviewed by Valerie Palmer

I read this book because it was chosen by an online book club that I am a part of, and I was not anticipating liking it that much. I thought it might end up having a more “hallmark cheesy” feel to it, but I was pleasantly surprised. If you like books by similar authors such as Christina Lauren or Colleen Hoover, this may be a great choice for you.

Summary

Olive Smith is a third-year Ph.D. student and doesn’t believe in romance or long-lasting relationships, but her best friend, Anh, does and that is how the whole situation began. Olive is trying to convince Anh that she is dating someone and, on her way, to creating her own happily ever after. But when found in a sticky situation to prove to Anh she is happy, Olive kisses the first man she sees who is none other than Adam Carlsen who is a young, attractive professor. He is also known for being hard on students and an apparent jerk. Olive is shocked when Stanford’s reigning lab tyrant agrees to keep her secret and be her fake boyfriend. Later, a big science conference Olive attends goes completely wrong, her career is on the line and Adam surprises her again with kindness and support. Suddenly their little secret seems a bit more than just an experiment. Olive discovers that the only thing more difficult than a hypothesis on love is putting herself under the microscope. 

What I Liked

I am a sucker for a good romance book from time to time. I also love books that go from enemies to lovers. It is fun to see how the relationship changes over time and the anticipation of waiting for them to finally be together. This was a fast read and I think I would also add that to me this was a bit of a rom-com because it definitely had some humorous parts to it.

What I Didn't Like

This book had a great story line, but I felt there were parts of it that were a bit unbelievable as well as parts that could have been left out completely as they were not relevant to the main characters. 

Rating⭐⭐⭐⭐

I gave this book four stars on Goodreads. If you like a fast-paced easy romance read, then this should be on your to-be-read shelf. I can completely understand why it has high ratings on Goodreads and has been such a popular book. Ali Hazelwood has a new book out called Love on the Brain that I will most likely read as well. 😊



Comments