Things We Never Got Over (Knockemout, #1) by Lucy Score

The Things We Never Got Over
by Lucy Score

Reviewed by Valerie Palmer

I read this book because a coworker read it and loved it. I also read it because of how much publicity it has gotten lately. I am always open to trying a new author as well. Lucy Score has written several novels and I was not aware of her until I read this one.

Summary
This book is about a young woman, named Naomi, who decides to run away from her wedding. She is not running away from just her wedding. She was driving to Knockemout, Virginia to rescue her estranged twin sister. This town is old-fashioned and solves disputes with fists and beer. 

Naomi's twin sister, Tina, has not changed her ways at all. She is still evil and stole Naomi's car and money, leaving Naomi with something else completely unexpected. Naomi is left with a niece she did not even know she had! She is stuck in a town she isn't familiar with, no car, no job, no plan and has to take care of an 11-year-old. 

Knox does not like women he deems as being high-maintenance or romantic. But Naomi's life exploded right in front him, so he felt obligated to help. As soon as she is out of trouble, he will go back to his peaceful solitary life. That is the plan until things turn more dangerous.

What I Liked
I am a sucker for a good romance novel. I love stories that are about enemies that fall in love. I enjoyed how the book kept me guessing and that there is a sequel that has just been released on February 21, which is called, "Things We Hide from the Light." I am looking forward to reading more of the saga to see if it is just a good as the first book. I also loved that this book was about a set of twins! The theme for this book 
is about how life experiences and circumstances shape our personalities and behaviors.

What I Didn't Like
I will say that I was not a huge fan of the writing style at first. I thought it was going to end up being a horribly written book full of clichés and notes of Hallmark. I kept reading because of the high reviews it has received and wanted to give it a chance.

Rating⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I rated this book five stars on Goodreads. It definitely deserves a full five stars! It was an easy read and it kept me wondering what would be happening next between Naomi and Knox. 


Comments