Twisted Love by Ana Huang

Twisted Love
by Ana Huang
Reviewed by Valerie Palmer

If you are into enemies to lovers’ type of books like me, you may just like Twisted Love by Ana Huang. This is your “girl falls for brother’s best friend” type of love story. I was in the mood for a good romance and this one hit the nail on the head. This is a review on book one of four in the Twisted series. If you have read anything by Lauren Asher, you would most likely enjoy this book. I read this book in about three days! I just had to know what was coming next for Alex and Ava.

Trigger Warning – This book deals with PTSD, HSMA, trauma, murder and attempt to murder a child. So please investigate these things prior to reading if needed.

Summary
Alex is everything you would expect. A dreamy, good-looking guy with a cursed past that he just cannot escape. He is driven by tragedy and lives his life pursuing taking down those who destroyed his family. He has little room left in his heart for anything else, like a relationship. Josh, Alex’s best friend, asks him to watch over his little sister, Ava, while he is away for a year. But what Alex does not expect is the spark that could end his world as he knew it.

Ava, she is a fun-loving girl in college and is trapped by her past and continues to have nightmares about a childhood she cannot remember. Even with a broken past, she continues to see the good in people and the world. She caught a glimpse of Alex’s heart beneath his icy exterior and knows he is a man she should not want for several reasons. He is her brother’s best friend and her neighbor for the year.

Their love story was not meant to happen, but when it does it reveals secrets that could destroy their relationship and both of their lives.

What I Liked
I liked how the book was written with the point of view from both main characters. Huang did a phenomenal job describing who they were, and I felt like they were real people. I also thought the book was a good length and it did not take forever for them to become a couple. This was a quick-paced read for me.

What I Didn't Like
I thought that this book seemed a bit impossible. Alex’s past seemed a bit unbelievable and the violence that occurred later in the book was not something one person could pull off on their own. It made it seem like he was part of the mob or something. Part of the plot was built up so much and did not influence the overall story. This book was a bit more steamy than I anticipated, but I guess that is what I get for buying a book on the "spicy" table at Barnes and Noble. 😆

Rating⭐⭐⭐⭐
I gave this book four stars on Goodreads. I did not give it five stars because it was a bit far-fetched. I am looking forward to reading Twisted Games which is book two in the series. However, I am disappointed with this new trend of authors writing about other characters in books and labeling them as “series.” To me, a series is when the story of the original main characters continues in the next book. I want more Alex and Ava!

Comments