The Arrangement Series by Kiersten Modglin

 


The Arrangement Series
by Kiersten Modglin

Reviewed by Valerie Palmer

This series was recommended to me by a friend. It has been on my TBR for awhile as well. If you are in the mood for a thriller series that keeps you on the edge of your seat, then this is a great series for you! Each book ended with a cliffhanger and a few times I had my mouth wide open not knowing what to expect next. This series is dark and blind-siding, but has some humorous components to it. Please note, that you need to read them in order as they are not meant to be stand-alone books. The summaries are listed below in series order. 

Trigger Warning – This series deals with murder and attempt to murder. So please investigate these things prior to reading if needed.

Summaries

Book 1: The Arrangement
Ainsley Greenburg is a fixer. It’s what she prides herself on. 

So when Ainsley realizes her marriage is at its breaking point, she makes a decision to repair it, no matter the cost. Approaching her husband to propose the arrangement is supposed to be the hard part, but Peter agrees to the salacious plan almost immediately. 

The rules are simple:

  • They will each date someone new once a week. 
  • They will never discuss what happens on the dates. 

Soon, though, the rules are broken, turning terrible mistakes into unspeakable consequences. 

When the only person they can count on to keep their darkest secret is each other, new questions and deceits surface. Can they truly trust the person they share a life with, or will the vicious lies that have mounted over the years destroy everything they’ve built? 

Once, Peter and Ainsley vowed to stand together forever, but as they push boundaries of deception, suspicion, and temptation, each begins to wonder if ’til death do us part may come sooner than they’d intended.

Book 2: The Amendment
First, there was the arrangement - a simple, yet salacious fix to the problems looming in their marriage - but when things took a tragic turn, Peter’s and Ainsley’s lives quickly fell into disarray. Now, their secrets have been exposed. They know the truth - about each other and their marriage - and as they struggle to move on from their past and the damage they’ve caused, new problems begin to surface. 

Someone they love is hiding a catastrophic secret. The fragile ground they stand on is starting to crumble. Their family is being torn apart at the seams. And, maybe worst of all, a threat from the past is lurking, ready to unveil the things they’d kill to keep hidden. They thought the nightmare they’d made it through was over, but the worst is just beginning…. 

Once, they vowed to do anything to make their marriage work. Now, that vow will push every boundary they have left. In order to survive, they’ll need to completely trust each other. But can they? Last time they did, things went terribly wrong…. This time, it might be worse. If there’s one thing that’s certain, their secrets are too big to let anyone walk away alive.

Book 3: The Atonement
First, there was The Arrangement—a scandalous story about Peter and Ainsley Greenburg's attempt to fix their marriage, no matter the cost. 

Then came The Amendment—with their darkest secrets revealed, the couple set out in a treacherous attempt to repair what had been broken. 

Now, Peter and Ainsley's marriage will be put to one final test with The Atonement

Ainsley Greenburg has always been a fixer, but her latest attempt to repair her marriage left it more damaged than ever before. 

Now trapped in a vicious game of cat and mouse with the man she thought she knew, Ainsley must do what it takes to put out the fire their arrangement ignited, but it won't be that simple. 

As Peter closes in on her, Ainsley finds herself driven down a path of paranoia and fear. Her only hope relies on her ability to trust her instincts, but they've let her down before. This time, there's so much more at stake, and the secrets waiting to be revealed will change everything. 

Whom can she trust when her world is up in flames? One wrong decision could cost her everything she has left—her family, her home, and her life. 

With a final showdown looming, Ainsley must decide what she's willing to let burn in order to survive. As the blaze continues to heat up, it's only a matter of time before someone must atone for their sins.

What I Liked
I loved how these books were written from two POV. Each main character held secrets from the other and the reader knew about them first. I LOVE books that let the reader in prior to the spouse on certain details. I was not prepared for all the jaw-dropping twists and turns of this series. I thought I had things figured out multiple times, but I was very wrong. Ainsley and Peter give us a glimpse of a modern suburban family, but with many secrets… secrets they have kept from their children and each other. They know they have marital issues and want to fix it. It all seems normal at first until you get further into the story. I enjoyed how the story came to a close in the third book, but it also was not what I expected. This is a difficult series to write a review about because I do not want to give anything away.  

What I Didn't Like
Parts of these books are very unlikely to happen in the real world. 
I could not stand Ainsley’s mother. But regardless of those things, I still could not get enough of these two. I will say that the first book seemed to have a bit of a slow start. I was not sure if I was going to like it, but I stuck with it and I am so glad that I did. 

Rating⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I gave each of these books five stars on Goodreads. I would love to divulge into more discussion about this series because I am still thinking about it, and I finished it a few days ago! I cannot recommend this series enough! Please just go READ IT NOW.  I digress, I will not share more as I do not want to spoil it for other readers.

 

Comments