Twisted Games by Ana Huang

 

Twisted Games
by Ana Huang

Reviewed by Valerie Palmer

If you are in the mood for a spicy romance between a princess and her bodyguard, then this book is for you. I read this book because I read Twisted Love and this book is the second book of the series. If you like books written by Laura Asher, you would most likely enjoy these too.

Summary

Stoic, broody, and arrogant, elite bodyguard Rhys Larsen has two rules: 1) Protect his clients at all costs 2) Do not become emotionally involved. Ever.

He has never once been tempted to break those rules...until her.

Bridget von Ascheberg. A princess with a stubborn streak that matches his own and a hidden fire that reduces his rules to ash. She's nothing he expected and everything he never knew he needed.

Day by day, inch by inch, she breaks down his defenses until he's faced with a truth he can no longer deny: he swore an oath to protect her, but all he wants is to ruin her. Take her.

Because she's his.

His princess.

His forbidden fruit.

His every depraved fantasy.

***

Regal, strong-willed, and bound by the chains of duty, Princess Bridget dreams of the freedom to live and love as she chooses.

But when her brother abdicates, she's suddenly faced with the prospect of a loveless, politically expedient marriage and a throne she never wanted.

And as she navigates the intricacies-and treacheries-of her new role, she must also hide her desire for a man she can't have.

Her bodyguard.

Her protector.

Her ultimate ruin.

Unexpected and forbidden, theirs is a love that could destroy a kingdom...and doom them both.

Do not become emotionally involved. Ever.

What I Liked
I liked how we got to see other characters highlighted more in depth from the Twisted Love story. I enjoyed the banter between Bridget and Rhys in the beginning and did find myself laughing at some parts because of it. I love a book that is written in two different POV. I am also a sucker for a good romance book.

What I Didn't Like
I felt like they fell for each other rather quickly considering they despised each other in the beginning. Two years have gone by before they get together, but you don't read much about the time they spent together prior to being into each other. Rhys's controlling, domineering and misogynistic characteristics were portrayed as being attractive to Bridget. It gave me vibes from the 50 Shades of Gray movies...which I am probably in the minority on this, but I despised them and did not understand the hype. I will say that I have not read nor plan to read the books for comparison.

Rating⭐⭐⭐
I gave this book three stars on Goodreads. I thought the story was too long and drawn out. There was not as much suspense as Twisted Love and I was hoping for a bit more. I may be in the minority, but I was not wowed by this book.

 

Comments