The Perfect Son by Freida McFadden

The Perfect Son

by Freida McFadden

Reviewed by Valerie Palmer

I picked up this book to get me out of a reading slump. Freida never disappoints and is always able to pull me out of a slump. I am trying not to binge read through all of her books, so I don't have any left to devour. 😂

Summary
"Mrs. Cass, we were hoping your son could answer a few questions about the girl who disappeared last night..."

Erika Cass has a perfect family and a perfect life. Until the evening when two detectives show up at her front door.

A high school girl has vanished from Erika's quiet suburban neighborhood. The police suspect the worst--murder. And Erika's teenage son, Liam, was the last person to see the girl alive.

Erika has always sensed something dark and disturbed in her seemingly perfect older child. She wants to believe he's innocent, but as the evidence mounts, she can't deny the truth--Liam may have done the unthinkable.

Now she must ask herself:

How far will she go to protect her son?

What I Liked
I loved this book! I had such a hard time putting it down to take care of my three boys. Freida never disappoints with plot twists, and she got me again. I thought I knew who to suspect all along and I was WRONG per usual. I loved how Liam was portrayed and was kind of a creepy character based on his past and things he had done as a child at school. I appreciated the bond between Liam and his sister and how she believed he was not responsible for the crime. This book is so well written, and I just love how Freida's books are fast-paced and easy to read.

What I Didn't Like
I did not like Jason's character and how he was portrayed. He seemed to be so naive and too trustworthy of Liam. His dad jokes were also very cringy. 😝

Rating⭐⭐⭐⭐

I gave this book 5 stars on Goodreads, because Freida never disappoints me. I absolutely love Freida McFadden and all the books I have read by her have been phenomenal. If you have not read this one, pick it up! 

Comments